Trust means “a firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something.”
The quotes below show what it means to be trusting and trustworthy.
When we trust someone, we also have confidence in them and in their honesty and integrity. We also believe that they will do the things they say they will. We recognize their abilities and strengths, and we place our faith in them.
Thus, it is certainly can be a fragile thing, but it is indeed the foundation on which all relationships are built.
It is also integral to happy and fulfilling relationships, whether they are professional or personal. Without trust, relationships fail because one or both parties feel insecure or let down.
Building it is crucial for the survival of your friendships, romantic relationships, and workplace connections.
In that spirit, here are the best quotes to help you trust more.
So whether you’re starting a new relationship, want to be more trusting of others or work on being trustworthy yourself, you’ll find the perfect quotes below.
Be careful who you trust. Salt and sugar look the same.
- Don’t trust the person who has broken faith once. – William Shakespeare
- Trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it’s broken, but you can still see the crack in that mother f*cker’s reflection. – Lady Gaga
- “It was a mistake,” you said. But the cruel thing was, it felt like the mistake was mine, for trusting you. – David Levithan
- Trust is built when someone is vulnerable and not taken advantage of. – Bob Vanourek
- “To be trusted is a greater compliment than being loved.” – George MacDonald
- “As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.”
- – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “Have enough courage to trust love one more time and always one more time.” – Maya Angelou
- “Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters.”
- – Albert Einstein